Why Use FESS
Cold and Flu
What causes colds?
A cold begins when a virus attaches to the lining of your nose or throat. Your immune system attacks by sending out white blood cells. Your nose and throat get inflamed and produce lots of thick mucus. With so much of your energy directed at fighting the virus, you feel tired and miserable.
How colds are spread
When someone sneezes or coughs they spread cold viruses through droplets in the air. You can also pick up a cold by touching infected surfaces and then transmitting the virus from the hands to the mouth, nose or eyes. There's no cure for a cold or the flu and antibiotics won't help. But you can make yourself feel better by treating your symptoms while your body fights off the virus.
Tips for feeling better
- Stay home and rest, especially while you have a fever
- Drink plenty of fluids like water, fruit juices and clear soups
- Avoid inhaling smoke
- Use FESS Nasal Spray to help thin the mucus and clear the nasal passages
- Use FESS Nasal Gel to moisturise the tender skin in and around your nose.
- Wash your hands regularly and throw away tissues as soon as you have used them - this will reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
FESS is a non-medicated, pH-balanced saline spray. So you can use it for effective colds and flu relief - even while you're pregnant, on medication or just sick of feeling blocked up. Regular use of FESS helps provide four levels of colds and flu relief:
- Clears and soothes dry nasal passages
- Washes away the germs that cause colds
- Naturally thins mucus, so it flows away more easily
- Stimulates the nose's natural defence mechanism.
If you have severe congestion you may want to try our FESS Sinu-Cleanse® range of products.